Each year ILEETA awards scholarships to publicly employed ILEETA members who have been active members for at least a year prior to their application. Selections are based on a number of factors including financial need, the number of persons trained, recommendations from the agency, awards, etc.
Please login with your ILEETA preferred email address and password. Complete the application and submit up to two letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is 1/20/17.
Scholarships are provided for travel and lodging expenses. Please estimate the costs for those expenses being requested. Persons selected will receive at minimum, free conference tuition.
Each applicant must:
- Be a current ILEETA member
- In good standing one year prior the conference for which they are seeking a scholarship
- Be employed full time by a municipal, county, state or federal law enforcement agency or a public institution
- Have been so employed for a minimum of two years
- Be assigned to training duties, either full time or part time, as part of their regularly assigned duties
- Email a letter of recommendation from their supervisor or head of their agency/institution that the agency/institution is unable to fund/fully fund the ILEETA Conference for the applicant, that the applicant will be allowed the time off, and that the skills or knowledge attained will be used in training agency personnel
Those who are awarded scholarships will be notified no less than 30 days prior to the ILEETA Conference.
To apply for the 2017 ILEETA Conference and Expo Scholarship please click here.